Sunday, August 06, 2006

Obligatory Sunday Blog

For my favorite fan out in KC, I figured I'd have to write something so he wouldn't be bored at work on Monday morning.

So, I started thinking- you know, having a baby is a really good ice-breaker. Anyone can just walk up to you, say, "What an adorable baby!" and a conversation has started.

Now, we don't often walk up to people and say, "Don't you think our baby is adorable!" and a new friendship has blossomed. But, people aren't shy to come up to us.

In fact, at a picnic we attended yesterday, we couldn't keep a 4-year old named Betsy away from 'Mia. I'm not implying she was our only company (that would have made the entire post pointless), but she was persistent: grabbing 'Mia's legs, pulling out her pacifier, putting hands to her face, etc... It was a mess.

But, other than li'l Betsy, we met some good folk, much to Amelia's credit.

No comments: