Thursday, August 17, 2006

Batting .714 ...

...wouldn't be so bad for a baseball player.

But in my case, it's the percentage of days last week that I was at Dulles Airport. For the mathematically challenged, that's 5 out of 7 days.

Quick run-down (hey, another baseball metaphor!):

Monday (the 7th)- due to weather and mechanical, Ang's flight is delayed interminably. I also made a wasted trip back to the airport later that evening, hoping to get her bags back (but they went on to MEM).

Tuesday (the 8th)- Ang and Mia back to Dulles, make the flight fine and connect to Memphis

Friday (the 11th- day after British foiled terror plot)- I arrive at IAD almost 2 hours early, only to find my plane delayed 90 minutes (it's 11:30am, and the flight now doesn't leave until 2:30pm). I stick around until 2:45pm, at which time my 1:11pm departure still had not left (the plane hadn't come in from ATL yet), and things were looking bad.

Sat (the 12th)- Arrive at airport at 4:45am, make my flight and connection to Memphis

Sun (the 13th)- Depart Mem for ATL, leave secure area to hang with my folks for 45 minutes, leave for IAD while Ang and Mia stay in ATL with my folks. And I barely made that flight (3rd from last person to get on).

All in all, I went through security 6 times (twice in Sunday), and probably spent about 13 hours in airports, over those 5 days.

No comments: