Thursday, November 30, 2006

Toast and Jam

I've failed to report on the wonders of my new email device for work. As you may recall, I began with a PocketPC, citing its limitless options, powerful mini-OS, and touch screen. Then, my emails weren't coming through well enough, and it just didn't get things done.

So I switched to a Blackberry. Thankfully, due to wonderful GSA contracts, it only cost the taxpayers $20. Why the Blackberry is superior (in my current situation):

1) Instant e-mail. Sometimes before it shows up on my computer. Opens up instant communication, which has been especially helpful recently as I've been stuck in meetings almost the entire week.

2) Instant calendar sync. No explanation needed.

3) Instant memo sync. Instead of taking paper with me everywhere, I simply open up my Memo pad on my BB and type out what I need to do. It automatically puts a "task" in my mailbox on my computer. That way, I don't forget to look at my memos, and I get done what I said I'd do.

4) Verizon Wireless. I just like it better than Cingular. Personal preference.

5) My biggest fear was the lack of touch-screen and the track wheel thingy. In fact, the track wheel has become my favoritist friend. No more two-handed operation needed to hit a button on the screen. Just scroll and click. [Makes it more tempting to use while driving, which could be considered a negative....]

6) It's fast. My PPC seemed to get slow. Maybe too much open, too many bells and whistles. The BB just zips along. Ahhhhh....

No comments: