Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Things I've Learned From 24 - Part IV

Rachelle, Rachelle. I know I'm slacking. I actually almost took my iPhone up to bed so I could tap one out - but I was wiped from 2 hours of non-stop action. So, here it is:

Part IV - Secret Service Agents are Easily Duped.

Seriously, the dialogue went something like this:

General "I've got a freaky, stupid stare thing going on" Juma: "If you do not move your men out, I will kill the President."
Secret Service Agent Stupidity: "I need proof that you have her."
Juma: "The only proof I will give you is that if you don't do what I say, her death will be on your head."
Estupido: "MOVE OUT, MEN!"

Let's analyze this: 1. Demand from terrorist. 2. Show me proof. 3. Terrorist shows no additional proof. 4. "Good enough for me! We're outta here!"

What? And again I say: WHAT? It's a veiled threat. It's completely unverifiable. It's a blasted terrorist in the White House and you're just going to walk away. Jimminy Cricket!

Okay - so enough with the recap. What can we learn from this??

Say you're walking through DC. You're tired of making that round-about bypass like 6 blocks around the White House instead of just walking straight down E St. So you mosey on up to the guardhouse and say: "Let me through, or I'm going to bomb the White House." "What kind of idiot are you," should be the reply (while guards begin to scurry around). "Seriously, if you don't let me take this shortcut, the bombing of the White House will be on your head." "Oh, that changes the situation. Have a nice day, sir."

And there you go. Try it out next time. Really. And if things don't go so well for you, don't blame it on me. Blame it on 24, Kiefer Sutherland, FOX, and Agent Dingbat. I'm sure they'll find a way to break you out of Leavenworth....

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Was it me or did the Potomac get moved so the White House was accessible from it (underground)?

DcD said...

Well, I caveated in the next post that I didn't actually see the first hour. I started watching right as they broke through the wall. If the premise is that they came via the Potomac, then that is laughable beyond belief. Insulting, actually. =)