Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tutti Frutti Lovesong

Amelia LOVES this poem! It's a must-read every time we open up her 20th Century Children's Poetry Treasury book. When we read it together she cackles and grins and begs, "Read it to Daddy! Read it to Daddy!" So I thought it would be fun to post it here in honor of Valentine's Day (though a day late). Hope you get a laugh! :-)

Tutti Frutti Lovesong
by Mary Grace Dembeck

You are my darling CUMQUAT,
Oh, you're my PEACHy pie,
I think you are the BERRIES,
The APPLE of my eye.

Don't make me MELON-choly,
Please be my HONEY DEW,
'Cause oh, my sweet PAPAYA,
I'm BANANAS over you!

I would be oh, so GRAPEful
If you'd just say you care,
For it takes two to MANGO,
And we're a PEACHy PEAR.

Oh, ORANGE you a little
COCONUTS for me too?
Please say you'll be mon CHERRY,
I'm so GUAVA over you.


~Posted by Ang

No comments: