Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Best Northern Cod You've Ever Had (*)

[*From a fast food restaurant]

I fell for the advertisements. Not sure why. But I had to have Wendy's fish sandwich on the way home tonight.

Let's set the stage: I'm a big Filet O' Fish fan. (Ang thinks I'm nuts. "How can you eat fish from a hamburger place!? Me: "How can you eat yogurt - bad milk - berries and granola from a hamburger place! HAH!) Where were we: yes, Filet O' Fish. And now Wendy's has decided to jump in on the act.

My verdict: I'd say Wendy's wins hands down. Bigger, more substantive. More crunchy. Then again, maybe it had to do with the fact that my only dinner up to 9:30 was a cup of tomato soup at 5. It was really good and filling. I'll definitely try it again.

3 comments:

Abby said...

does it have tartar sauce on it? that's what I love about the Filet 'O Fish.

DcD said...

Oh yes. And I think a bit tangy-er than McD's. Maybe a touch more lemon juice in it. Anyway-had another one on Sat night with a side of chili - mmmmm good!

Abby said...

YUM. I'll have to try it soon :D.