Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'll take half

I've become a HUGE fan of the earbuds that came with my iPhone. It sounds really silly to say that, but for the first 6+ months, I was either using Bluetooth or just the handset. But I have become enamored with the ability to put the headphones in, listen to my music (which is much preferable to the "Top Hits Mix" radio station), and just press a button if I get a phone call.

Here's the dilemma (please refer to a previous post about dilemma vs. problem): I only use the right earbud, on which the microphone also is located. For safety reasons (while driving) and out of courtesy to others (while walking into work or other places), it makes sense to leave one ear "unencumbered." It also lets you enjoy the natural sounds of spring when you're walking through downtown.

So my problem is that I end up with an extra wire/earbud that I have to stuff either in my front pocket or in another stealthy location so as not to pull the right one out of my ear. I think I'll search for a good earbud/mic that is iPhone compatible (has the button for skipping tracks, answering calls, etc) - that has only one earbud. If you have any suggestions, please let me know (since 75% of my readership owns iPhones). And for now, back to Record of the Year - Viva la Vida (or Death and All His Friends).

No comments: