Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Problem vs. Dilemma

I walked in the house after work tonight went up to Addy's room where Ang was getting her ready for bed. I said: "I have a slight dilemma," and held up some tweezers.

You see, on the way home, I was using my iPhone's headphones and the right earbud kept falling out. So I just pressed the little earbud in a bit harder. I have "extensions" (for lack of a better word) on my earbuds that let them fit better in my ear with a rubber end on it.

Before going upstairs, I dropped all my accoutrements on the kitchen table. All that is, except for the little rubber end to my right earbud. Ummmm....It was stuck. In my ear.

I found my Leatherman Micra and pulled out the tweezers and then proceeded to find Ang. She shunned the tweezers and just used her pinky fingernail. After a few tugs, it came out. And then she declared: "That was no dilemma!"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Her: "You had a problem."

Me: "Exactly. I had a dilemma."

Her: "No! It's only a dilemma if you have another option. What else were you going to do, leave it in? You had a problem."

To my credit, my other option was to try to take it out myself. =)

No comments: