Wednesday, January 28, 2009

God sent the snow for me...

I don't mean to sound egomaniacal, but sometimes I just feel that God makes things happen just for me. To start off, I have been working on a project for a number of weeks and over the last week had polished off a report/presentation for our Board. Then Ang got sick on Sunday and I worked half a day on Monday.

Verdict: Shingles. Yuck. Ouch! She must have had a little something else with it, b/c she had excruciating headaches and high fever (not typical symptoms). Oh, and Vicodin didn't settle well with her body, making Monday night a sleepless one.

So Tuesday night was the day for my presentation. I was scurrying to find a way to be able to leave Ang with the kids, or have someone help out, but it wasn't looking promising (she was really out of it all day). And then, just before noon, we got word that the meetings had been canceled. The snow and ice were too ominous to have the Board/public out late at night. Praise the LORD!

Not that others couldn't have covered for me, but I hate not coming through when asked. So now we'll have it rescheduled, and we'll just pray for the few days leading up that no one gets sick!!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Get well Angela! My extreme sympathies are with you and I'm very grateful for the answer to prayer that let Danny watch the girls. I wish I were closer to help.

Sarah M. said...

Oh poor Angela! If you guys need anything let me know. Praying she gets better soon and that Danny you're able to juggle everything.