Monday, December 18, 2006

Faster x2

Upon a successful Christmas shopping trip for myself (see below), I got home and jumped online, to see about the clubs I had just bought (do you ever do that - where you investigate your purchases after you purchase them!!??).

To my surprise/excitement/dismay, the clubs were $50 cheaper online, with free shipping and no tax (small wonder!*). I called up the store, and they said they don't honor the website prices, so I'd have to return the clubs and then order them online.

Willing to save $70, I packed them up before church and then hit the mall after church. I lugged the box in, made my case to the "Front End Lead" (I'd hate to see the "back end lead"!) and after some discussions with his boss via walkie, he decided just to give me a $50 gift card to the store (they couldn't rebate the tax, no worries).

I have to give it to Dick's Sporting Goods - they're pretty good folk. AND, I just got in the mail a $10 gift card w/ purchase of - you guessed it - $50. So, I can go spend my "free" money and get not $50, but $60 out of it! Merry Christmas!

* "Small Wonder" comes from a road trip that Ang and I took to Philly, and all throughout Delaware there were billboards/signs promoting the state with the slogan "Small Wonder." Ang and I thought it was so silly and lame that we began exclaiming it at anything we thought slightly amazing. It's one of those "had-to-be-there" inside jokes which I'm desperately trying to explain to the world - and getting nowhere with it....

No comments: