Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dad, close your ears

Last night, Ang and I went with Mike and Sarah and my former boss Ron Robinson to a Switchfoot concert, held outside on the lawn at Belmont Country Club. All I can say is- WOW.

It was loud.

Not to mention we were 10 rows back from about 36 speakers.

As we were driving up, about 3 minutes away, the heavens opened and it rained buckets for about 15 minutes. It kept raining off and on for another 15-20 minutes and then finally stopped. The concert was delayed almost 2 hours, but once it started, it rocked on until about 10:30pm. I just found out that the rain actually destroyed the main sound board, and the sound guy had to build one from scratch in order for the concert to go on. He must have great talent, because it went off without a hitch.

Did I say that it was loud?

Anyway, it was fun to get out, hear some cool music, and hang with the Brewmeister for a while. I'll try to write more later about the band and their songs....

No comments: