Monday, May 18, 2009

Things I've Learned from 24 - Part Finale

So this is the last "Things I've Learned from 24" in a while. And even though I only caught the last 40 minutes, there's plenty of lessons we learned:

1) Pontification is for idiots - when you are ready to exact your revenge, don't stand there and yell and cry and wussy-whip him with a pistol. SHOOT HIM! First, you put a bullet in his stomach - let him suffer (yeah, I've watched WAY too many movies/shows). THEN, you talk. But of course, we could see it coming, Tony didn't get to finish the job, because he kept yappin'. Serves him right.

2) The President's daughter - Olivia, Livy, MURDERER - still can't act. Anytime she came on screen I yelled, "Furrowed brow, furrowed brow" over and over.

3) Apparently, we are so powerful as to be able to atone to our inner being for our sins. The exact quote: "Let us forgive ourselves for all the wrongs we have done." As my mom so aptly put, if we are able to forgive ourselves, then we couldn't have wronged anyone in the first place, since apparently it's our standard that we've set. (It sounded better coming out of her mouth - and now "Gilmore Girls" is blabbering on in the background, so I can't focus.)

4) Renee won't be a good Jack. And Jack is a bad Jack. So that makes Renee a horrible Jack (she wouldn't be able to torture Wilson if she had a set of dental tools in her back pocket).

5) I need to find a hobby for Monday nights starting in January. That, or Keifer Sutherland needs to totally get arrested and locked away. This show is killing me.

No comments: