Friday, August 01, 2008

The Space Between

I finally upgraded my system software to Mac OS 10.5. It has "300" upgrades - most of those are just minor tweaks to already great software, like Mail, iCal, System Preferences, etc. But one HUGE addition to the system software is a little utility called "Spaces."

Spaces allows you to organize your application screens into separate windows. For instance, I have Firefox set to run in Space 1. iTunes and iPhoto will run in Space 2. And Mail will run in Space 3. Switching between the "Spaces" is as simple as F8 and choosing the window I want, Cmd-Tab to the application I want (automatically switching to its "Space"), or using the menu at the top of the screen.

Clutter - you're history! Now if only my desk were so easy to organize....

No comments: