Saturday, August 09, 2008

Just a little tap

My car just wouldn't start the other day. Seemed to have plenty of battery power, but I'd just get a "click" when I turned the key. I popped the hood, obviously didn't have any clue what I was looking for, and went inside. I came back out 10 minutes later and just gave it a whirl. It cranked right up! I'm wondering if something was a little loose and just needed to slam of the hood back down to get it in place.

Kind of reminds me of when one of the urinals at work kept running. It had been happening for a while. An experienced man was also in the restroom and said, "Just tap it on the top." A little fist to the top and it stopped. Something about the seal being a little off and just needing to be jiggled back in place.

Sometimes that's all it takes.

No comments: