Sunday, May 25, 2008

Idol Finale

I was on the road during the Idol finale and got in my hotel room as soon as the winner (DC, baby!) was announced. And yes, my two votes for DC pushed him over the edge (except for the other 11,999,998 votes).

I think the finale this year (even though I didn't see it live) was a great show - made the rest of the season (and waiting) worth it. Performances included:

DC with ZZ Top
Archie with OneRepublic (that'd be a great style for Archie to stick with, so he doesn't end up in Disney singing to 8 year olds)
DC and Archie singing Hero - yeah, the song is meant for DC, but Archie made it work
Syesha and Seal (woo!)

Cray times happenin' in the Idol world. YouTube is also a good friend (I just wish they'd filter the comments - I can't justify linking to videos when the comments are laced with expletives). So - if you go watching, just keep your eyes on the video.

This is DD, out!

(sorry, that was lame)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha-so my 225 votes for Archie didn't count for anything I guess....and no, i wasn't voting for him because i thought he was cute like some, it was because i actually thought he did better that night. i still wanted DC to win though...haha, complicated :)

DcD said...

So one night's performance outweighed the entire season? You have to say that DC's performance on the finale (when you didn't get judged) was quite more impressive than Archie - at least the portions I saw.

Glad I kept y'all on the phone until past 11. Otherwise, you may have voted for Archie another 11 million+ times!!

Anonymous said...

"quite more impressive"?? You trying to sound like Simon?? I thought it was about 50-50. DC did very well, but Archie's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" was pretty awesome.

The hard thing for me (in response to your first question up there) is that they both had an amazing season. True, Archie mostly stuck with ballads and it did get old, but he was very good! DC also had an amazing season. I thought (you may not have seen this one) when it was Andrew Lloyd Weber week, and DC did "Music of the Night", he delivered it so professionally well, that he deserved to win. At the same time though, Archie's "Imagine" in the top 20 was so pure, at the time I thought he should win. If you were comparing the season, they both had awesome highs and a couple lows, but all in all did pretty well. That's what made it really hard for me.

Considering all of that blabbing...I think DC really did deserve to win. And yes, I'm sure you are glad that you kept us from voting for Archie the gazillion times we would have, instead of a measly 225.

BTW- Dad says for a small fee (like , oh I don't know, keeping Mia for a week this summer? haha) he'll make you a copy of a DvD he hopes to do-Highlights of Season 7 (the top two).

DcD said...

I meant the "finale" as in Wed night - when they were doing performances not being judged. Archie did a great job on Tues.

So let me get this straight - I let you watch Mia for a week - AND I get a DVD of Season 7 highlights. Hmmmm - I might be able to go for that one.

Anonymous said...

OH ok, I see...I always call Tuesday and Wednesday night the finale, when in fact it's really just Wednesday.

Sounds great! Have your people call my people...