Monday, June 11, 2007

Fitting right in

Today, the County Administrator introduced me as "The Rookie" to a new employee. It's fun being the new, young guy on board....

This mainly stems from the fact that now that I am a bureaucrat, I have joined the "BGA: The Other Tour." It's our golfer's group, and the County Administrator is the "Commissioner." I had the distinct privilege of playing my first ever BGA event the first weekend in June. It was a three-day golf adventure, and I learned that I have a lot to learn.

The first day was for fun, where I actually hit probably my best two shots of the weekend, and the next two days were almost pure agony (107 and 109, respectively). Regardless of my lack of good scores, I played relatively (read: relatively) well and had fun. I'm looking forward to working on that score.

1 comment:

Todd said...

At least you were able to finish a whole round. Still working on that part myself...