Thursday, March 22, 2007

"I support wasteful spending..."

So it goes like this....

I get a letter from the republican national committee (RNC). It says I'm a special guy and they want my opinion on issues that matter to me. It's a loaded survey, and the real point is trying to get people to give money and join the RNC (you get to answer a special question about who you support for president if you give money).

At the bottom, where it lists various levels of support, there's an additional check box: "No, I can't contribute right now, but I'm including $11 to cover costs to process this survey." WHAT???

It costs $11 to type a person's response into a database? And that takes what, 5 minutes? So some dude is getting paid $121/hr for sitting at a computer??

I had half a mind to send the survey back, not filled out, with a little note: "Instead of contributing to the RNC, I decided not to complete this survey and in fact save you $11. You're welcome."
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or you could complete the survey, not include the money and say "If you value my opinion, you'll fire the guy making $121 per hour who's sitting on a $30,000 chair and using a $20,000 toilet, and hire someone making $10 per hour who's REALLY good at his job and process my opinion of this convention...which I point out is growing far less supportive at this juncture... and send me a thank you note for completing it, and you can pay the postage.

Or something like that ;-)