Sunday, November 21, 2004

Ah, the stupidity

So driving in Ashburn today, a car in front of me had a bumper sticker that read: "F the FCC". Now I have no problem with this bumper sticker in terms of free speech- but I take issue with it in terms of stupidity. This person, it seems ignorantly, proves to us exactly why the FCC does what it does.

Had this person truly cared about getting the FCC to stop "censoring" speech or indiscretions from TV/Radio, why did they not print the entire "F" word? Why did they not express their opinions fully, instead of only using a euphemism?

Unknowingly, this person has conceded that the mores of our society look down upon blatant uses of crude language, and thus he/she refrained from using said vile language.

I want to thank you, Mr. Car-I-Didn't-Get-A-Good-Look-At-Because-I-Was-Reading-Your-Bumper-Sticker. You have shown all of your neighbors both the reason the FCC exists and also, more importantly, your own stupidity.

DcD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DcD,
Didn't I teach you not to use the word 'stupid'?
Mom