Friday, September 15, 2006

Praise the Lord

Dear All-

Thanks for your prayers today. Angela's surgery went very well. The surgeon (Dr. Prasad) was great and was very pleased with the surgery. The mass was fully contained and came out relatively easily.

Angela is home resting and doing well (although the 45 minute ride along the Beltway/Toll Road home didn't sit well with her queasy stomach).

We are blessed beyond belief and thank you again for your prayers and kind notes. As Angela was wheeled into the OR, I was trying to think of a good verse to keep in my mind during the surgery and waiting period. The verse/song that came to mind is from a Sovereign Grace (formerly PDI) song:

O Lord You have searched me
And You know my ways
You perceive all my thoughts from afar
Your hand is upon me wherever I go
Before I form each word You already know

Chorus:
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, You are there
If I rest on the far side of the sea
Your love hems me in both behind and before
You have laid Your hand upon me
You have laid Your hand upon me

Where can I flee from Your presence O Lord
If I sleep in the depths You are there
Your day will consume all the shadows of night
The dark cannot hide from Your brilliant light


The chorus is a very comforting, peaceful reminder of God's love and faithfulness, and that He holds us in His hand wherever we are (including the OR, or the waiting room, for that matter).

Two notes: 1) We totally forgot the MRI films for the surgery today. I happened to see someone walking down the hall with films in their hand about 30 minutes before the scheduled surgery time. I gave a quick call to the surgeon's office, who then called the Radiology place and had them start printing the films. I quickly made my way down the street (not far, thankfully) and picked them up, so we were only a few minutes late (could have been real bad).

2) The staff at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda were super-nice and friendly. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. And as I said before, Dr. Prasad (and his staff) are very helpful, super-competent, and very assuring.

More updates to come (and no, Angela is not going to the shower tomorrow....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

You are good to take care of her - though she will be missed :-)