Friday, June 23, 2006

It's good for the lungs

So, I think the following anecdote would fall under "Tales of a Sleep-Deprived-Daddy, Part Deux."

As has been the custom lately, the baby monitor is on my side of the bed. During the night, we both hear Amelia, though I sometimes think I wake up first. Nonetheless, Ang will go to the nursery to, well, nurse (imagine that, you nurse in a nursery!).

Ahem- sorry- got off track. So, when Ang leaves the room, I'll turn the monitor off, so I can continue resting. Then, upon her return, she will turn it back on (or tell me to turn it on).

After the 2:30am feeding this morning, she came in, turned it on, went to the loo (for all our British readers out there), came back in the room, verified the monitor was on, and went to sleep.

Imagine our surprise - dismay - concern ("why don't we spin the wheel of adjectives" - or nouns, as it would be in this case) when I woke up at 7:20 this morning - AND THE MONITOR WAS OFF!!

I jumped out of bed, and poor little Amelia was tiredly crying in her crib. Who knows how long she had been crying, but it had been 5 hours since her last meal. Needless to say, she chowed down.

So, we're not quite sure what happened ("wur happened"), but I think the monitor will reside on Ang's side of the bed from now on. Amelia seems none the worse for wear (is that the right expression?), and as it turns out, Ang and I got some really good sleep! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Keep the stories coming!