Saturday, February 18, 2006

Latest Cat Update

**Some portions of the below text are NOT for the faint of heart**

The latest, and hopefully final, update on our kitty's stomach issues was discovered today, a full week after her "episode."

While cleaning out the litter box, I noticed a bit of red in a portion of her "business." Remembering what the Dr. had said about Dido having possibly swallowed a string, and remembering that I had enticed her out of our bedroom with a red ribbon the night before she got sick, and not being faint of heart -- I took a venture down biology lane.

Lo and behold! The entire ribbon, probably a foot long, was in her doo-doo (Dido's doo-doo! lol). I had never dreamed in a thousand years that she would have, much less could have, swallowed the whole thing. But there it was. Thankfully, it had made it all the way into her stomach, and it had passed (probably due to all the fluids she was given in the hospital).

Who would have guessed that a 10 cent ribbon could cost us $1,500. But that's the joy of parenthood.

Now, whatever happened to my Livestrong band.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW. I thought my $120 trip and half a day off of work to the Reptile vet was rough!