Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Miss Independent

Amelia decided to talk for 2 hours in bed before finally taking her nap. As of 5pm, she was still asleep. Well, a lot happened between the time I left work and the time I got home.

Apparently, in those first 2 hours, Amelia took ALL of the clothes out of her top two drawers, decided to take off her pants and pull-ups, and put on a pair of big-girl panties (she only wears pull-ups for nap/bed, for reasons which you'll understand in a moment).

When I walked in the door, I realized there was quite a commotion upstairs. The wash was running, Mia was a little upset, and Ang was trying to reassure her. I saw the huge mess on the floor, thinking that was the extent of the problem. But then I noticed the sheets stripped off the bed, and Ang revealed what our little non-napper had decided to do. Well, it came back to haunt her when she ended up wetting the bed.

Thinking I had an opportunity to teach Mia that she can learn not to wet the bed, I said, "Do you want to be able to wear big girl panties in bed?" Once the question left my mouth, I realized there was no way it would be answered favorably. Having just been traumatized, she gave a shaky, "Noooo." I tried to smooth it over by saying that will come as she gets older. Nice timing, Dad.

Anyway, if nothing else, this experience may at least curtail the latest trend of playing/taking out clothes when she's supposed to be napping.

No comments: