Friday, April 04, 2008

A new era

For my birthday, Angela got me a "family" gift. Something I've been looking at for a while. It is - a new digital camera. And boy, is it somethin'.

It's a Nikon Digital SLR (semi-pro) - the D40 is the model #. I had hesitated at first on this model, b/c it is "only" 6 megapixels. But for the cost savings, and for the fact that 6 megapixels is significantly more than I'd ever need, we got it.

This is the first shot I took with the camera:



What's nifty about Digital SLR cameras is that you can take the picture in a "RAW" format, which allows you to adjust exposure, color, sharpness, etc. before actually "opening" the picture for editing. I know absolutely nothing about this stuff, but the possibilities are endless. Here's to great picture taking!

No comments: