Monday, November 26, 2007

God's Perfect Timing

My parents, sister, and grandmother were planning to come visit for Thanksgiving and then called Tuesday to say the trip was off. As can be expected, we were definitely bummed. Then, we got a call on Wednesday, saying the trip was back on, and they'd be driving up on Thursday.

We decided to delay our Thanksgiving dinner until Friday so we could all enjoy it 1) fresh and 2) together.

Needless to say, when the power went out on Thursday at 2:30pm (right in the middle of when we would have been cooking), we were quite grateful that my family's trip was delayed a day and we were only planning on Progresso soup and cheese toast for dinner. The power was restored around 6ish, I believe.

I feel for those in our area who missed out on being able to complete their Thanksgiving meals, and I'm grateful that ours went without a hitch on Friday. Having our family in town was the greatest thing we could have asked for, and words can't describe how happy I was that my grandmother could travel with them and see our home, our neighborhood, and especially our little girl.

Amelia was enthralled with "Aunt Abby" as usual, and she would hear the door open and say "Pa" for Grandpa coming in from outside. At night, when I'm putting her to bed, she usually says "Mama Mama Mama" and I let her know that Mama loves her and says "Goodnight." Now, Amelia would say "Mama," then "Aaaa" (for Abby), "Pa" (for Grandpa), and then start back with "Mama." She wants to make sure that everyone still loves her. Don't worry, we do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss y'all already!Love you, and can't wait to see you at Christmastime!!!

-AED

P.S. this is from my iPod Touch!!! Gotta love technology... :)