Monday, October 15, 2007

Shirts vs Skins

JC in KC asked for a report on the (used-to-be) red hot Redskins.

1) This request coming from KC where LJ couldn't spell first down before this week. Nonetheless...

2) I'm impressed with Jason Campbell, and I think he will lead this team for a number of years.

3) Defense seems to have stepped up back to their 2005 form. Solid.

4) Turnovers killed us this week - end score could have been a lot worse (Crosby hit the upright from ~30 yards? Yikes!)

5) Playcalling is still questionable - who's really making the calls? Gibbs (Mr. I'm-stuck-in-1992) ? Or Saunders (Mr. I paired down my playbook from 750 pages to 50 manageble pages - oh, and I'm a genius, too). Local sports radio junkies are wondering why they signal to Campbell from the sidelines instead of using the radio direct from Saunders. Hmmmm....

6) 3-2 isn't bad for a team that was 5-11 last year. But we still have to play the Cowboys twice, and at New England.

I predict the Skins will go 6-5 the rest of the season, for a 9-7 record. Should be enough to get into the playoffs, with a first round victory over Carolina, and a second-round loss to Green Bay (just for Mike's sake, I think Green Bay makes the Super Bowl and gets bowled-over by New England, 38-17).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soo...just wondering...did you get any pix from the beach!? ours must be on a lost card somewhere....we would love to see some pictures from that vacation (or baby-cation, depending on how you look at it :-) )!