Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Been Post'd, Part Deux (plot twist!)

For the second time in two weeks, I've been in the Washington Post. This time, thankfully, I wasn't directly quoted. In fact, I wasn't even in the main article.

Background: The Post has been doing a year-long investigation of all emails/communications of the Board of Supervisors in Loudoun County, VA. Obviously, this was a difficult task, as my office alone had over 22,000 emails (something like that). As a result, they wrote this article.

While thankfully (and not surprisingly) my boss had done nothing improper in her capacity, she had fallen out of favor with some of her colleagues. The email found at this link will show you how much they dislike(d) her (start at the bottom of the email). And that's where I come in.

As one of my friends put it: "It was weird to read an article online and click a link about a friend's boss, only to have another friend's name mentioned in that email."

It is kinda surreal, actually, but all in a day's work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Unbelievable! How do you feel about being used as a pawn? I'm trying to imagine you being involved in "dirty politics"...you just don't fit! Good luck with all that! Maybe you guys will be looking for a job here in OKC soon! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Well the "dirty politics" definitely make great life lessons. And I'm glad to hear that your office is appearing to stand strong through the trial... granted it's very aggrevating from the party perspective, but not really shocking.

Keep up the good work... and KC's always in need of good political type folks. :-)